Saturday 21 September 2019

NOVELTY STORYBOOKS with Records from the 1960s

Novelty Records for Children  - 1960s

As far as I can work out, these little book records were made by a Dutch company, Mulder and Zoon. One website found that mentions them http://www.minigroove.nl/mulder4.html suggests that they may date to the early sixties and I can confirm that they are at least this old. I really don't quite know what to do with them – any suggestions appreciated.

I listened to them quite a bit as a child, but its hard to imagine that they would captivate the current crop of under fives who are quite capable of independently accessing streaming services. I thought they were pretty impressive at the time, though. One has to remember that there was once a world without Wiggles, You Tube and Netflix. Never the less, these are still cute, and as far as I know still work, the only major design flaw being that you can't exactly read along whilst playing the record!!

No comments:

Post a Comment